my husband has a potluck where he works about once a month, and he is a l w a y s asking me to make blueberry muffins – so i thought i would share our recipe!
blueberry streusel muffins*
2c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 c sugar
1-1.5 c greek yogurt
1/2 c canola oil
2-3 c frozen blueberries, thawed
1 stick butter, softened
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and line with paper liners
2. mix together dry ingredients
3. combine eggs and sugar in a separate bowl, then add yogurt and oil.
4. add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine, then fold in thawed berries.
5. fill muffin tins 3/4 full with the batter, then make the streusel
6. for streusel – combine streusel ingredients and mash with a fork until crumbly. top each muffin with a generous amount of topping!
7. bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops are a nice golden brown.
recipe makes about 1 dozen generously sized mufifns! this would also work with fresh blueberries.
*based on jessica garvin’s blueberry streusel recipe, here.